I Want to Be Heard
Your Invisible Disability is part of who you are, but it is hard to find people who can understand. People will often discredit it or question it. For invisible disabilities, we lack the signs, language, and frameworks to talk about the existence of disabilities that are unseen every day throughout the country.
"They say my disability is fake. They want me to 'justify' it"
"i have no one to talk to. i just want someone to understand me"
"I don't think family or friends know the whole story"
Join a Secure Online Support Group
Invisible Disability Project is building and hosting an affordable online support group so that you will have someone to talk to about your experiences with invisible disability. It is also a place where you can learn valuable information about accessibility and equity in education and the workforce through structured group discussions led by experienced facilitators. Our goal is to create a safe place to meet, learn, and grow together. Join a community that can understand what you are going through. By participating in our online support group, you do not have to remain invisible.
What will this community have?
- Access to group discussions led by IDP support leaders
- Group forums that will allow you to interact with the community about many topics
- Community guidelines that protect you against hateful, inappropriate, or derogatory language
- Access to people who want to help and understand you
- Members approved before joining the community
- We will never use this group to sell you anything you do not want
Get Ready. It's Coming Soon!
We are currently building this community, but we want to know what you think. Sign up now to tell us what you would like to see. For helping us out, we will give you early access and deals.