THE ZINE UN-RULES
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SCHOLARS, THINKERS AND WRITERS WHO CAN BREAK THROUGH THE JARGON AND CREATE CAPTIVATING, IMAGINATIVE CONTENT FOR EVERYONE.
Scholarship Made Accessible
The Unseen Zine is anti-elitist. No jargon. No pompous language. We take rigorous academic content and make the concepts accessible for everyone. Academic scholarship is vital to all communities - but it is always written in a language and structure that is inaccessible to everyone outside of the elite spaces of the academies. Not here.
Who Writes for The UZ
Are you a published scholar? Grad student? Educator? Computer technologist? A freedom fighter, activist, or radical? We are looking for interdisciplinary scholarship that takes important research, and brings it into an accessible language and structure - so that the broader disability community and beyond can access this critical information.
We pay $135 for innovative writing around current and future scholarship in the fields of disability studies, biotechnology and genetics, accessibility, consumer technology, fashion, universal design, education, politics, policy and law, philosophy, and topics of historic importance that are relevant today.
- We accept original, unpublished work only. Previously published work is not accepted.
- Please note that a submission does not guarantee publication
- We accept pieces between 500-1500 words
- Submit your work via email to The Unseen Zine, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attach your work in .pdf, .docx, or .rtf file format
- Your submission should include:
- Your full name
- Short bio (2-3 sentences)
- Title of your work
- Full text of your submission (500 - 1500 words)
- Include attribution for all data, quotes, and outside content referenced
Images and Videos
If you would like to include images, attach high res versions in JPG or PNG format. Videos should be included as embed links. You must own the rights to any images you submit. If you do not wish to submit any media, we may select images for you.
We edit images, stories, and titles for length and the IDP editorial guidelines. If your work requires significant changes, we will contact you before publication.
Individuals and organizations may include up to one hyperlink to a personal blog or website. Affiliate links not permitted.